- URN: 31.20
Cartographer : CREIGHTON, R.
- Artwork Name:
Arundel, Hastings & Rye Town Plans
- Printing Process:
- Support Surface:
- Overall Size (w x h, cms): 24.5 x 32 cms
- Image Size (w x h, cms): 18.5 x 26 cms
- Price: £25.00
This price includes DELIVERY, and VAT if applicable.
Locale of work: England, West Sussex
- Print Category:
City - Town - Village And Historical And Maps And Midhurst - Local & Surrounding Area And South Downs National Park
- Colour: Colour
- Colour Application: With Original Hand Colour
- Verso: There is nothing printed on the reverse side, which is plain.
- Condition of Artwork: Very good for its age. Please note the small puncture holes in the very top left corner of the margin.
J. & C.
- Publisher: Published by Samuel Lewis and Co., London: 3rd Edition.
- Publication Magazine: A Topographical Dictionary Of England, 3rd Edition. (1835)
- Edition Series Volume: Plate XCII.
- Notes: Original antique steel engraved maps; showing the towns of "Winchester" (top left); "Southampton" (top right) in Hampshire, and "Petersfield" (bottom) in West Sussex. These maps were engraved by J. & C. Walker after plans produced by R. Creighton. These plans were originally drawn up to depict the 'former and present' boundaries of cities and boroughs, in relation to the great Reform Act of 1832. These maps are in fine and clean condition, bearing original hand colour, coded to show the old and new boundaries and with an Explanation at the bottom. Published in Samuel Lewis's "A Topographical Dictionary of England", 3rd Edition, 1835.