Privacy Notice & Our Cookies Policy
The Midhurst Gallery Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy together with our Terms & Conditions and any other documents referred to on it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.midhurstgallery.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), and the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation “GDPR”) the controller is The Midhurst Gallery Limited of Grange Road, Midhurst, West Sussex GU29 9LT United Kingdom.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act and GDPR is G.M. Crawford
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.midhurstgallery.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards, sharing or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photograph.
Information we can collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site including date and time; products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you from third parties with whom we work closely including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
In the course of business between you and us
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
and in marketing communications
- if you have given us your express consent to do so:
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
- to provide you with information about artworks similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you,
- to inform you of news that relates to us, including exhibitions or other events we may hold.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
At any time by using any of the ways below, you may change the preferences you have already given us or ask us to stop sending you any further marketing communications:
- through our website, or
- by email, or
- by other form of electronic communication, or
- in person in The Gallery, or
- in writing
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above.
Disclosure of your information
We will not share or sell the personal information we hold about you EXCEPT:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- non-identifiable data for analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
to THIRD PARTIES
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if The Midhurst Gallery Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored securely. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes at any time. In any event, we do not intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent us using your data for our own marketing purposes either by checking the box on the forms we use to collect your data or you can also exercise the right by writing to us at [email protected] or The Midhurst Gallery Limited, Grange Road, Midhurst, West Sussex GU29 9LT United Kingdom.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act and GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and/or GDPR.
(V2.0 – 25 May 2018, 15:45 GMT)