- URN: 16.49
Engraver : HALL, H.
- Artwork Name:
Goodwood Races 1862 - The Goodwood Cup, The Stewards’ Cup, The Chesterfield Cup.
- Printing Process:
Woodcut & Wood Engraving
- Support Surface:
- Overall Size (w x h, cms): 34 x 28.5 cms
- Image Size (w x h, cms): 24.5 x 19 cms
- Price: £14.00
This price includes DELIVERY, and VAT if applicable.
Locale of work: England, Goodwood, West Sussex
- Print Category:
Goodwood And Historical
- Colour: Monochrome
- Verso: Printed Text - Page 162 of the Illustrated London News. Includes announcements of Births, Marriages and Deaths; New Books: New Music and other advertisements. Also includes advertisement "Polytechnic - Seven Automatic Electric Light Lamps will be exhibited ... by M. Serrin of Paris (the inventor), to show applicability of his system of illuminating by the Electric Light to Streets, Halls, Theatres, &c..."
- Condition of Artwork: Good for its age - there are some faint crease marks. Please note the area to the top of 'The Chesterfield Cup' on the far right is a printing error and not damage.
- Framing State: Mounted
- Printer: George C. Leighton at 198, Strand, London.
- Publisher: George C. Leighton at 198, Strand, London. 1862.
- Publication Magazine: Illustrated London News (1862)
- Notes: An antique wood engraving making up a partial page from an 1862 edition of The Illustrated London News. This selection of engravings shows 'The Goodwood Cup', 'The Stewards' Cup', and 'The Chesterfield Cup'; this is page 161 from the August 9th issue of the popular publication, in 1862. The Artist of this piece is unknown, but the engraving is believed to be attributable to H. Hall. This artwork comes presented in a deep green mount.