- URN: 31.21
Cartographer : CREIGHTON, R.
- Artwork Name:
New Shoreham Town Plans
- Printing Process:
- Support Surface:
- Overall Size (w x h, cms): 24 x 32 cms
- Image Size (w x h, cms): 18 x 26.5 cms
- Price: £24.00
This price includes DELIVERY, and VAT if applicable.
Locale of work: England, Shoreham, West Sussex
- Print Category:
Historical And Maps
- Colour: Colour
- Colour Application: With Original Hand Colour
- Verso: There is nothing printed on the reverse side, which is plain.
- Condition of Artwork: Very good for its age. Two very small puncture holes in the very top left corner of the margin.
J. & C.
- Publisher: Published by Samuel Lewis and Co., London.
- Publication Magazine: A Topographical Dictionary Of England (1835)
- Edition Series Volume: Plate XCIV.
- Notes: An original antique steel engraved map showing the town of "New Shoreham", in West Sussex. These maps were engraved by J. & C. Walker after plans produced by R. Creighton. These plans were originally drawn up to depict the 'former and present' boundaries of cities and boroughs, in relation to the great Reform Act of 1832. This map is in fine and clean condition, bearing original hand colour, coded to show the old and new boundaries and with a brief explanation at the bottom. Published in Samuel Lewis's "A Topographical Dictionary of England" (1835).