- URN: 12.49
Cartographer : CREIGHTON, R.
- Artwork Name:
Sussex: Midhurst & Horsham Town Plans (2)
- Printing Process:
- Support Surface:
- Overall Size (w x h, cms): 25 x 32 cms
- Image Size (w x h, cms): 18.5 x 26 cms
- Price: £24.00
This price includes DELIVERY, and VAT if applicable.
Locale of work: England, Midhurst, West Sussex
- Print Category:
Historical And Maps And Midhurst - Local & Surrounding Area
- Colour: Colour
- Colour Application: With Original Hand Colour
- Verso: There is nothing printed on the reverse side, which is plain.
- Condition of Artwork: Very good for its age. There is one small area of foxing, within the map's narrow border in the very top left - please see image
J. & C.
- Publisher: Published by Samuel Lewis and Co., London.
- Publication Magazine: A Topographical Dictionary Of England (1835)
- Edition Series Volume: Plate XCII.
- Notes: An original antique steel engraved map showing the towns of "Midhurst" (top) and "Horsham" (bottom) in Sussex. This map was engraved by J. & C. Walker after plans produced by R. Creighton over 180 years ago. These plans were originally drawn up to depict the 'former and present' boundaries of cities and boroughs, in relation to the great Reform Act of 1832. These maps are in fine and clean condition, bearing original hand colour, coded to show the old and new boundaries and with an explanation at the bottom. Published in Samuel Lewis's "A Topographical Dictionary of England" (1835).