- URN: 37.22
Cartographer : DAWSON, Lt. Robert Kearsley((R.E.))
- Artwork Name:
Midhurst Map From The Ordnance Survey (1)
- Printing Process:
- Support Surface:
- Overall Size (w x h, cms): 33.5 x 34.5 cms
- Image Size (w x h, cms): 27 x 29 cms
- Price: £50.00
This price includes DELIVERY, and VAT if applicable.
Locale of work: England, Midhurst, West Sussex
- Print Category:
Historical And Maps And Midhurst - Local & Surrounding Area
- Colour: Colour
- Colour Application: With Original Hand Colour
- Verso: There is nothing printed on the reverse side, which is plain.
- Condition of Artwork: Good for its age. With slightly offset centrefold as issued, slight wear to top of fold. There is some light foxing across the print.
- Printer: G. E. Madeley, Wellington St, Strand, London.
- Publisher: Ordnance Survey
- Publication Magazine: Plans Of The Cities And Boroughs Of England And Wales (c.1832)
- Notes: An original antique lithographic map of Midhurst and environs, from the Ordnance Survey, by Lt. R. K. Dawson. This map dates from around 1832; it features original hand colouring of the boundaries, an explanation and compass pointer and is on a Scale of 1 Inch to a Mile. This map is taken from 'Plans of the Cities and Boroughs of England and Wales'; a large two volume set, presented to William IV in 1832, which was produced to illustrate the proposed changes to parliamentary boundaries following the Great Reform Act. With centrefold as issued, perfect for mounting and framing.