- URN: 19.37
Cartographer : MOGG, Edward
- Artwork Name:
Strip Road Map: London To Arundel
- Printing Process:
- Support Surface:
- Overall Size (w x h, cms): 20 x 26 cms
- Image Size (w x h, cms): 14.5 x 20.5 cms
- Price: £45.00
This price includes DELIVERY, and VAT if applicable.
Locale of work: England, Arundel, West Sussex
- Print Category:
Historical And Maps And Midhurst - Local & Surrounding Area
- Colour: Colour
- Colour Application: Original Hand Colour
- Verso: There is nothing printed on the reverse side, which is plain.
- Condition of Artwork: Very good for its age. Small minor mark just inside the right border of Plate 44. Partial plate mark visible to lower and right edge.
- Printer: Whittingham and Rowland, Goswell Street
- Publisher: Edward Mogg, No. 51, Charing Cross, London.
- Publication Magazine: Survey Of The High Roads Of England And Wales: Part The First Comprising The Counties Of Kent, Surre
- Edition Series Volume: Plates 43 & 44
- Notes: An original copper engraved map, showing the road from 'London to Arundel' with Fittleworth, Petworth and Little Hampton along the way. This is an antique map dating back to 1814, making it over 200 years old. These are plates 43 & 44 by the renowned Map publisher Edward Mogg; featuring very nice original hand colouring and a partial plate mark visible to the lower and right edge. These maps were first published August 1st, 1814 and later appeared on Pg. 62 in (Full Title) 'Survey of the High Roads of England and Wales: part the first comprising the counties of Kent, Surrey, Sussex [etc.], Planned on a Scale of one Inch to a Mile, Including the Seats of the Nobility and Gentry, and every object, worthy of remark, whether situated on, or contiguous to the Road' in 1817. Printed by Whittingham and Rowland, Goswell Street. Published by Edward Mogg, No. 51 Charing Cross, London.