- URN: 31.22
Cartographer : CREIGHTON, R.
- Artwork Name:
Petersfield, Winchester & Southampton Town Plans
- Printing Process:
- Support Surface:
- Overall Size (w x h, cms): 21 x 28 cms
- Image Size (w x h, cms): 19 x 25.5 cms
- Price: £25.00
This price includes DELIVERY, and VAT if applicable.
Locale of work: England, Hampshire
- Print Category:
Historical And Maps And Midhurst - Local & Surrounding Area
- Colour: Colour
- Colour Application: With Original Hand Colour
- Verso: There is nothing printed on the reverse side, which is plain.
- Condition of Artwork: Very good condition for its age.
J. & C.
- Publisher: Published by Samuel Lewis and Co., London: 3rd Edition.
- Publication Magazine: A Topographical Dictionary Of England, 3rd Edition. (1835)
- Edition Series Volume: Plate LXXVIII.
- Notes: An original antique steel engraving showing the towns of "Winchester" (top left); "Southampton" (top right) in Hampshire, and "Petersfield" (bottom) in West Sussex. These maps were engraved by J. & C. Walker after plans produced by R. Creighton. These plans were originally drawn up to depict the 'former and present' boundaries of cities and boroughs, in relation to the great Reform Act of 1832. This page of maps is in fine and clean condition, bearing original hand colour, coded to show the old and new boundaries and with an Explanation at the bottom. Published in Samuel Lewis's "A Topographical Dictionary of England", 3rd Edition (1835).