- URN: 38.14
Cartographer : DAWSON, Lt. Robert Kearsley((R.E.))
- Artwork Name:
Christchurch Map From The Ordnance Survey (1)
- Printing Process:
- Support Surface:
- Overall Size (w x h, cms): 41.5 x 28.5 cms
- Image Size (w x h, cms): 35 x 25 cms
- Price: £15.00
This price includes DELIVERY, and VAT if applicable.
Locale of work: England, Christchurch, Dorset
- Print Category:
Historical And Maps
- Colour: Colour
- Colour Application: With Original Hand Colour
- Verso: There is nothing printed on the reverse side, which is plain.
- Condition of Artwork: Very good for its age. With slightly offset centrefolds as issued and additional horizontal folds. Paper damage/uneven cropping on bottom edge (left). Please note that there is some faint text imprinting of the opposite page of text across the print, from its original book state.
- Publisher: Ordnance Survey
- Publication Magazine: Plans Of The Cities And Boroughs Of England And Wales (c.1832)
- Notes: An original antique lithographic map of Christchurch and its environs, from the Ordnance Survey, by Lt. R. K. Dawson with lithography by J. Netherclift. This map dates from around 1832. It has an explanation and compass pointer, features original hand colouring of the boundaries,and is on a Scale of 1 Inch to a Mile. This map is taken from 'Plans of the Cities and Boroughs of England and Wales'; a large two volume set, presented to William IV in 1832, which was produced to illustrate the proposed changes to parliamentary boundaries following the Great Reform Act. With centrefold as issued and additional vertical and horizontal fold.
- Further Information: This print comes with 3 sides (2 pages) of original accompanying text entitled: 'Christchurch. Report on the Borough of Christchurch; with a Description of the Proposed Boundaries.' Pages 219, 220 & 221. (Please see additional linked images.)