- URN: 43.07
Cartographer : DAWSON, Lt. Robert Kearsley((R.E.))
- Artwork Name:
Midhurst Map From The Ordnance Survey (3)
- Printing Process:
- Support Surface:
- Overall Size (w x h, cms): 29 x 31.5 cms
- Image Size (w x h, cms): 24 x 29 cms
- Price: £40.00
This price includes DELIVERY, and VAT if applicable.
Locale of work: England, Midhurst, West Sussex
- Print Category:
Historical And Maps And Midhurst - Local & Surrounding Area
- Colour: Colour
- Colour Application: With Original Hand Colour
- Verso: County Borough of Southport. Atkinson Public Library Reference Department stamps.
- Condition of Artwork: Good for its age. With slightly offset centrefold as issued. Unevenly cropped at the top, very close to title text. There is some light foxing across the print. Please note that there is some faint text imprinting of the opposite page of text across the print, from its original book state.
- Printer: G. E. Madeley, Wellington St, Strand, London.
- Publisher: Ordnance Survey
- Publication Magazine: Plans Of The Cities And Boroughs Of England And Wales (c.1832)
- Notes: An original, antique, lithograph map of Midhurst and environs, from the Ordnance Survey, by Lt. R. K. Dawson. This map dates from around 1832, making it over 180 years old. It features original hand colouring of the boundaries, an explanation and compass pointer and is on a Scale of 1 Inch to a Mile. This map is taken from 'Plans of the Cities and Boroughs of England and Wales'; a large two volume set, presented to William IV in 1832, which was produced to illustrate the proposed changes to parliamentary boundaries following the Great Reform Act. With centrefold as issued. This map has been tightly and unevenly cropped on the top edge.